Always in the air between my ears

Let everyone know about your musical interests. Focus on what you like, rather than what you don't.
Please keep all content civil and PG.
Please, do not post explicit or highly suggestive lyrics.

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Always in the air between my ears

The title of Sequence77 is, in part, an homage to the greatest rock and roll band in the world, The Seventy Sevens (77s for short).

Unfortunately, even great talent does not mean one will garner notoriety or world renown. Michael Roe, the lead singer/songwriter/guitar and heart of the 77s, has all the God given talent one could hope for. He has also surrounded himself with the most talented people to ever pick up a guitar or lay down a lick.

The first song I remember hearing from the band was “Do it for Love”, which is something of an Arena Rock Anthem you could see a huge group of people rocking out to as they sway back and forth to the melodic, driving beat. From that point on the 77s were my band and went on to help me define who I was as a teenager and on into adulthood.

The particular 77s song stuck in my head will change from time to time, but if I had to pick an all-time favorite it would undoubtedly be “The Lust, the Flesh the Eyes and the Pride of Life”( Commonly called “The Lust” or just “Lust” by fans). If you get the meaning behind that song, then you get a lot of what I am about, but that is for future discussion.

I actually have a lot of bands and styles of music that I listen to, but it was fitting that the fist mention goes to the Seventy Sevens.

Rock on! :ugeek:
Darin

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Always in the air between my ears

I also happen to be a bit of a METAL buff. There is a new CD out by the band Tourniquet called Antiseptic Bloodbath. Check it out if you like the heavy stuff! www.tourniquet.net/index.html

Return to What are you listening to?